LetHostTalk
Shared web hosting solutions? — LetsHostTalk - Web Hosting Forum
HostNamaste.com

Shared web hosting solutions?

Hi,

I've been searching various hosts, nothing I've tried seems to work for me in terms of free for a webpage. I'm going to pay but want to get the following:

1) Text pages, sort of a medical information site, includes probably about 15 pages of links for solid medical info (like anemias, vitamins, stomach, nerd research articles, etc.) alone. Otherwise probably 25 in total.
2) Some screenshot images of some pdf's. A number of these would be like 100K or less or so.
3) Would need something to help me create the site. I'm an Oracle person not a web person but I can wing some small HTML type stuff.
4) Don't need tons of space, tons of graphics, or MySQL, etc. Ability to contact me from the site would be a good, maybe a form type email but otherwise that's it. No forums or lots of people, this is specialized. Don't need a domain name either.
5) Do want month to month payments if possible or low cost yearly plan types.
Suggestions? What are your views on swissns.ch website hosting solutions? Are they reliable?

Thanks

Comments

• I know quality shared plans can be got from qhoster.com and kvchosting.net.
    These hosts are everything I wanted in a host - easy, straight forward, no messing about. They are what you need and no surprises.

• The biggest advantage of shared web hosting is the low price. Most websites have shared hosting because it costs less. However, shared hosting does present some challenges. For larger websites, it may be better to go with dedicated hosting.

When your website has shared web hosting, it is hosted on the same server as other websites. The multiple websites share web space and bandwidth. Although most web-based businesses have less overhead than traditional businesses, there are still some expenses. Domain names must be purchased yearly. Then, the main monthly expense is hosting. All websites need some form of hosting in order to be accessible on the World Wide Web.

Shared hosting is good for small to medium sized businesses that are growing slowly. Large businesses that already have name recognition in the market place may be better off with a dedicated hosting plan.

Sites with shared web hosting are not well prepared for growth. Too many visitors at one time can cause a website with shared hosting to crash. There are literally billions of web surfers worldwide accessing the internet through their phones and computers.
    Contact CoolHandle now for the reliable web hosting in USA with 24*7 support for anything – domain names, website hosting, Dedicated servers, & VPS hosting.
  • I think that you will be able to find a lot of good options right for you.
    I recommend you to check known providers:
    kvchosting.net
    hostgator.com
    qhoster.com
    bluehost.com

• viakgroupviakgroup Member, Provider
    • DreamHost.
    • HostGator.
    • A2.
    • GoDaddy Hosting.
    • HostWinds.
  • I have been with swissns.ch web host for over 7 months everything is ok on their shared hosting. And my traffic is continuously increasing day by day. I also like their 1-Click App Installer with the help of which I have an opportunity to install 350+ popular apps.

• Shared hosting gives you the opportunity to share a server with others thereby making it affordable for you to own and maintain a website. A hosting provider utilizes IP and name-based virtual hosting that allow one server to have multiple host names that all point back to one IP address. This way your site is placed in an environment where the cost of keeping it online is shared.

However, the affordability of being on a shared platform should not give rise to poor services. Many providers make use of powerful servers and up to-date operating systems in order to provide quality service for their clients. A quality service must, therefore, always have the following features.

1. Unlimited disk space: It is important to choose a host that can offer you an unlimited disk space. You wouldn't want to be restricted to certain gigabytes because as your business grows, your web files grow. 

2. Unlimited bandwidth: I hope I'm not boring you with the word 'unlimited'. But that is the most common word in shared hosting environment now. A lot of providers now offer unlimited bandwidth which means that there is no limit to the number of people who can access your web pages at a specified period. Make sure you verify this!

3. Unlimited sub-domains: By now, I think you should be used to the reigning word, 'unlimited'. A quality shared hosting service must come with an unlimited sub-domain offer. 

4. Unlimited email account: Your establishment requires more than one email address for smooth operation. Nothing stops you from creating an email address for each department in your company. 

5. Control panel: For easy site management, a control panel is very vital in a shared web hosting package. Designing of web pages, creation of email accounts, database creation, editing of web pages, addition of various web applications, etc, are some of the tasks that a control panel is used for.

Solar VPS is a leading hosting provider of secure and easy website hosting services in USA. Discover why thousands of customers trust us to handle their hosting needs.
  • Find out what is reasonable for your needs and pick something that will support your site on into the future. Highly recommend Hostforweb.com hosting for those webmasters looking for stable host with helpful support team. The pages load fast, day or night.

• Divya165Divya165 Member, Provider
    There are multiple web hosting provider on the search engine. I will recommend you first check their features and who are providing the best features. choose to them. As I'm using Host.co.in is one of the cheap and best web hosting hosting in India and over the world. They are running the Christmas Web Hosting Sale 25% OFF on all web hosting plans - Use Code HOST25. Offer will end on 31'03'2022. Hurry Up avail to this offer now!