LetHostTalk
Need a new web host and need to hire a site coder — LetsHostTalk - Web Hosting Forum
HostNamaste.com

Need a new web host and need to hire a site coder

pnArtpnArt Member
edited March 2021 in General Talks
I have a photography website, pnArt.com with hundreds of photos on it arranged in separate galleries by subject. It's implemented in HTML/CSS/javascript. In each gallery there is a grid of thumbnails but the thumbnails are not just a small version of the big picture, and each image displays with a caption and unique background.

The hosting company I was using was sold to a Russian company and I want to keep my operation in the US, so I need two things:

1. A new webhost. They must be based in the US and have their own servers, 24/7 telephone tech support, and a long track record of good service (at least a decade under the same management). I do not need e-commerce, and I am not trying to do this on the cheap, so please, no "free" hosts, etc.

2. I need to hire someone to write me a new website, just like my current one but mobile-friendly. The resulting code should be portable to a new host if this one doesn't work out, which means no proprietary platforms or "site builders". Plain old HTML/CSS/Javascript would be ideal. I've talked to a couple of Wordpress developers who said my current site could be done in WP but performance would be poor because I have large, 9-column galleries.   Is that true, because I like my layout and don't want to change it?

Thanks in advance for any tips, etc.

Comments

• HostNamasteHostNamaste Member, Provider
    I would suggest to contact these guys "https://www.zomex.com/" they are based in UK if you are ok, they are offering hosting plus web development. 
    HostNamaste - A Reliable Indian Hosting Company You Can Trust.

Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS, KVM VPS, and Budget Dedicated Servers in US, France, Europe, India, Russia and Canada.
  • pnArtpnArt Member
    I don't want to deal with a UK company because they don't have US phone support.   Phone conversations are faster and more efficient than email exchanges.    BTW, they also charge VAT, which I don't have to pay in the US. 
  • In addition to digitalserver.com.mx great customer service, you get plenty of options, plenty of space and usage, and at a great value. The thing that really has impressed me is the willingness of the support staff to take the time to explain things to a newbie who asks very basic questions.
  • QHoster.com and hosting.uk support is second to none.
    They have a brilliant Support team, always there to help. Super easy to use and fully featured.

• I know Netshop ISP offers Fast UK Web Hosting with Free cPanel & Free Domain. Customer/tech support team is always ready to help. They are online 24/7 - this is great.

• pnArtpnArt Member
    .MX and .UK.   What part of US-based don't you understand?